Tell the World

Oh, thank God—He's so good! His love never runs out. All of you set free by God, tell the world! Let the redeemed of the LORD say so...Psalm 107:2

Monday, March 05, 2007

A Little Laugh

We became an infirmary this week. Seemed they were dropping like flies. Sweet Maddie threw up on me, Emma woke me at the crack of dawn to tell me how much her body ached, and Samuel came home from his retreat with a sore throat and fever. God bless him, Samuel had it the worst. His turned into strep throat, high fever (how does 105.5 grab you?) and a virus of cough and congestion on top of that. I've never been much of a nurse, but I'm one in training for sure. Who needs which medicine, comfort, or tender-loving-care...then go back around again and see what else I can give. It's a pouring out time with a servant's heart and the compassion of a mama seeing her little ones hurt.

We are on the mend, hallelujah! And the best thing was the dose of laughter Maddie just gave me. You'll have to picture the moment I had with a two and a half foot Chinese nurse, still learning how to talk. She had the forehead thermometer that she was pretending to take temperatures with. I think she likes the beeps. She came up to me and said, "Let me feel your head! What do you sink? (translate: think) You're 8:30 and 5 minutes!!" We both laughed hysterically, one of those good belly laughs.

So what do you think? Sounds like I must be healthy. If laughter's the best medicine, I just got a good dose of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home